Thank you, jeaninjackson of The Pearl St. Gallery for this, my first nomination in 40 years! (I’m 40, so yes, this is my first nomination in my whole life.) You can find jeaninjackson at jeaninjackson.com and look at her amazing photography. You won’t be disappointed. Seriously.
As part of this nomination, I’m supposed to tell you ten things about myself. Well, here goes:
- I have two amazing parents who raised six amazing kids (if I do say so myself.) I am the oldest of this bunch of kids, and I’m very close to all of my siblings.
- I’ve been married to my very sweet husband for almost seventeen years. It never gets boring. Crazy, but never boring.
- I have three fantastic and slightly terrifying kids. They’re fantastic because they’re mine. They’re terrifying because they’re mine.
- I make a living as a physician assistant, something I absolutely love. It gives me a lot of different perspectives into lives that are different from my own.
- I knit like a fiend.
- I write more than I knit, but sometimes it’s just not as pretty.
- I have about 1,000 skydives.
- At the age of 37, I had a total hip replacement. (No, that is not at all related to #7).
- I’ve dreamed of being a writer all of my life, but it wasn’t until I started this blog that I realized I’ve been living that dream all along.
- I love Mexican food, iced coffee, labrador retrievers, french manicures, white gold, Dave Matthews, William Shakespeare, and just about anything Vera Bradley.
I’m pretty new at this, but these are blogs I look at every day, and they constantly inspire me:
If nominees so choose, they can tell ten things about themselves, and then choose ten blogs that inspire their creativity. (Kind of like a chain letter, but with a pretty logo.)
Thanks again jeaninjackson, who, by the way, was the first person to ever “like” anything on my blog. Cool, eh? She created a monster!